5 Reasons Why You May Need To Rewire Your Home’s Electrical Wiring

5 Reasons Why You May Need To Rewire Your Home’s Electrical Wiring

Bad wiring can be a hazardous thing if left unchecked. Issues with your home’s electrical wiring can result in a substantial amount of damage to people and property, including house fires, electrocution, damaged appliances, and more. So before you have to suffer through any kind of damage or issue, get your place rewired.

If you suspect there is an issue with the electrical wiring in your home, and you do not hold an electrical engineering degree or relevant experience, then do not try a DIY job. Always call a professional to avoid potential safety risks, hazards, and damages. Leading Edge Electric offers expert electrical services in Wellington and other places in Northern Colorado. Click here to book an appointment.

The number one reason why you might have to get your home rewired is faulty or old wiring. However, those are just blatant causes. There are many more reasons that might require you to call in a professional for rewiring your home. A few factors that might indicate that there is a major problem with your house wiring are:

Flickering or Dimming Lights

If you have observed the lights on your residential property suddenly start flickering or dimming, your home needs rewiring. If the lights dim only when you turn on any large appliance like a washer or dryer, then you might be dealing with an overloaded circuit.

A faulty circuit or loose wiring might be causing this type of spike or drain in power. If the dimming or flickering of lights is not a one-time thing but a continual issue, then consult a qualified, trusted electrician in your area.

Sparking Outlets and Blowing Fuses

If your outlet sparks when you plug in a device, then you might have a serious problem. While an occasional spark in your home’s outlets is normal, they can also be the sign of a dangerous electrical problem, so get it checked immediately.

Sometimes, when your outlets are short-circuiting, you might detect a smell of smoke after the sparking occurs, or excessive heat might be building up within the outlet. This can lead to electric fires, so do not take it lightly.

Persistent Burning Smell

If there is a burning smell in your home, it could indicate that an electric short-circuit is occurring in the wiring. In which case, you need to stop using the outlet immediately. Also, if there are constant strange burnt smells in your house, then you need to get your home’s electrical wiring checked by a professional ASAP.

Power Fluctuations

Overloaded sockets and loose wiring can cause power fluctuations. Improper home wiring can lead to voltage fluctuation and an irregular electric supply, while constantly tripping circuits may be a sign that they are overloading. So the cause of power fluctuations should be diagnosed by an electrician and fixed ASAP to prevent any severe damage to electrical and electronic equipment.

Constantly Tripping Circuit Breakers

When a wire connected to a device becomes overloaded, your circuit breaker trips to keep you safe and prevent damage. However, if your circuit breaker trips too frequently, then it is a clear indication that there is some problem with your home’s electrical wiring.

Leading Edge Electric offers professional, safe, and cost-effective electrical services in Wellington and other places in Northern Colorado. Click here to book an appointment.